Position Description: The Ohio Environmental Council Action Fund (OECAF) seeks to hire several dynamic, effective, and energetic Field Organizers. This contract position, which reports to either the Field Director or a Regional Coordinator, will primarily be responsible for direct voter contact through door-to-door canvassing and phone banking. This position will require irregular hours, physical activity, exposure to outside elements, and travel within a designated region.
The Field Organizer is responsible for the following:
- Participate in door-to-door canvassing in diverse communities using persuasion and get out the vote scripts to engage voters
- Collect signed pledge cards and distribute campaign literature to targeted individuals
- Augment door-to-door canvassing with phone banking, when directed by supervisor
- Track, enter, and upload daily quantitative reports into the “VAN” online database
- Participate in daily briefing and/or debrief meetings with supervisors
- Show up at scheduled time and location as assigned by supervisor
- Complete a full day’s work as scheduled by supervisor
- Use provided technology (iPad mini) to track all canvass data
- May be required to recruit and train volunteers, as needed, to augment canvass and phone bank shifts
- Must be accountable to metrics including daily doors knocked or phones dialed
- Strong customer service/people-oriented background
- Ability to responsibly enter data and maintain organizational provided tools
- Passion for the environment and building grassroots involvement to advocate for policy changes
- History of taking responsibility for issues you care about
- Ability to walk for long distances
- Disciplined self starter and comfortable with receiving feedback and meeting daily goals
- Previous canvassing experience is a plus
- Must pass a basic criminal background check
Pay: This is a contract position that pays $15 an hour. Position is from now until November 8.
Locations: Toledo & Lorain, OH
Diversity Statement: The OECAF is committed to diversity. We seek to hire staff that reflects the diverse communities and perspectives that comprise Ohio. Qualified candidates of all backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
The OECAF prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
About the OECAF: The Ohio Environmental Council Action Fund is a 501(c)(4) organization that seeks to protect and enhance the environment and the health of all Ohio communities by holding policymakers accountable, advancing critical priorities, and electing environmental champions. Find out more atwww.OECActionFund.org.
Send your resume and references for Toledo positions to firstname.lastname@example.org and for Lorain positions or to email@example.com. Please include “Field Organizer” in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.